Stanza Italian Bistro & Wine Bar continues its “Flight & Bite” Wine Wednesdays weekly in Stanza’s lounge into March. This month Wine educator and sommelier Jimmy Santangelo is offering two flights; one of rosés for $15, and one featuring “big reds” for $16. Both include creative and well-paired bites from Stanza’s kitchen.
Santangelo hand selects wines and educates diners about the nuances of each. “Now that the days are longer, it’s a better excuse to stay downtown after work and join me in the bar as we explore some new wine regions and varietals,” says Santangelo. “While we bring in most of these selections by special order and we’ll sell them in flights in the restaurant during the entire month.”
Jimmy’s focus in March revolves around rosé and big red selections. Each includes two 2-1/2 oz. splashes of wine and two “bites” of Stanza’s Italian Bistro cuisine. Space is limited and reservations are highly recommended. These selections are served during regular business hours each Wednesday.
Stanza is located at 454 East, 300 South in Salt Lake. Reservations can be made by calling 801-746-4441, email@example.com or by visiting www.stanzaslc.com.
March 2017 Flight & Bite Options:
#1 Rose Flight & Bite – $15
- Borgo Molino Millesimato Brut Prosecco Valdobbiadene, IT 2015*
- Palmina Arneis, Santa Ynez Valley 2015*
- shaved spring root vegetable with dried cherry vinaigrette
- Chilled calamari endive salad with grapefruit vinaigrette
#2 Big Red Flight & Bite – $15
- N2 Winery Langhe Rosso, Piedmont 2012
- Orin Swift ‘Locations’ Italy -2
- Homemade garganelli with porcini mushroom sauce
- Homemade bolognese stuffed ravioli finished with pomodoro sauce
- Cannoli alla Ricotta – Two Cannoli alla Ricottas $800
- Pair with either Cocchi Americano $700 or Meleto Vin Santo $1200